The PMDG 737 series for Microsoft Flight Simulator has been launched, starting with the 737-700 model.
The Boeing 737 is one of the most popular aircraft in the sky today and is known around the world as a workhorse. Airlines use the aircraft to fly short and medium distances around the world and now PMDG has brought the iconic aircraft to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Included in the package is the 737-700 body type, which includes the passenger variant, the BBJ variant and also a cargo variant. According to the genuine 737-700, you can also choose between winglets or split scimitars models.
One of the key features of the product is the massive customization that can be done per livery. You can choose from hundreds of configurable options within the simulator. From changing elements such as the displays to the unit of measurement and much more. A number of liveries can also be installed using the included PMDG Operations Center.
As with other PMDG products of the past, the 737 for MSFS includes deep system simulation. Every action you take as a virtual pilot has an effect on other systems, meaning care and attention must be paid to keep the plane flying correctly. The aircraft also features accurate flight modeling, a custom autopilot function, and a host of other behind-the-scenes goodies that help make this one of the deepest simulated aircraft currently available for the platform.
PMDG also includes detailed modeling, PBR textures, and an authentic sound pack recorded from the real plane.
Pilots seeking more of a challenge can also take advantage of the included jamming simulation that can be activated manually, automatically or dynamically based on aircraft usage.
The current release build does not include EFB or a functioning weather radar, but PMDG plans to include these features in future free updates. Previously, regular updates were promised about every two weeks with bug fixing and more for a “Early Adoption” period. This early adopter period starts today and will last until after the 737-900 is released (currently slated for sometime in September 2022).
For those who want to buy it for Xbox or through the in-sim Marketplace, the 737-700 come at a much later date.
Tell us in the comment section what your first flight will be.
- Fully customized system simulation for all large and small aircraft systems and components.
- Highly advanced logic simulation of onboard information systems and aircraft management.
- PMDG’s modified flight model with enhanced physics magnification.
- Rigid body physics for wing and tail surfaces.
- Fully customized flight control systems with normal, standby and reversionary capabilities.
- Accurate resolution cockpit displays
- Interchangeable cockpit instrumentation equipment options
- Numerous user configurable options from the worldwide fleet of 737 operators.
- Updated 737 option packs reflecting operational improvements and changes to the global 737 fleet.
- Full simulation of failures to cover almost all QRH scenarios, as well as a real-world mean time to failure simulation model.
- Native PMDG data link simulation compatible with simBrief integration.
- Incandescent and LED lighting packs, as well as fully dimming cockpit lights and annunciators.
- Wheeled pushback tugboat.
- Custom sound package that uses advanced sound recording and playback technology for incredible realism.
- Sound environment built using recordings from a specially instrumented aircraft recording effort.
- Highly integrated sound environments for outside, inside cabin and cockpit.
- Includes the 737-700 in passenger configuration with both mixed winglet and split scimitar winglet configurations.
- Includes the Boeing Business jet in both mixed winglet and split scimitar winglet configurations.
- Includes the 737-700 BDSF freighter with a cargo door on the main deck with mixed winglets.
- Full set of ground equipment for each aircraft type, including passenger service vehicles, VIP vehicles for the BBJ and cargo handling equipment for the BDSF.
- Virtual cockpit model, with ultra-high detail textures, 3D rendering and reflective properties.
- Advanced animation techniques that use the new MSFS engine to really bring the 737 flight deck to life.
- Cockpit differences between the passenger, cargo and BBJ aircraft are accurately displayed.
- PMDG Operations Center 2.0 for easy livery installation and easy receiving of free product updates from PMDG.
- A full-featured tutorial walks you through the proper operation of the 737, from startup to shutdown.
- PMDG Simulations Official YouTube content to help new PMDG 737 pilots get the most out of their purchase.
- Free customer support both on our customer forum and directly from our support team when needed.